When little ones are home from school, they bring their ever-present mantra of “I’m bored” into your Inspirada home. To help you keep your sanity and fight your kid’s boredom, we made this blog. Keep reading for the best things to do in Vegas and Henderson with kids.
View Some Wildlife
- The aquarium at Silverton Casino is free to visit and special mermaid visitors can be seen Thursday–Sunday.
- For those wanting an as close as possible view — without sacrificing your safety — of sharks, the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay doesn’t disappoint.
- SeaQuest Interactive Aquarium offers guests the ability to touch and interact with many animals. Ticket options include day and annual passes. They also have kid-friendly, unique experiences like snorkeling with stingrays and a “sleep with sharks” private event.
- Lions, Tigers, and … Dolphins. At Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat, visitors can see white tigers and lions, leopards, and bottlenose dolphins.
- Located in Henderson, the Lion Habitat Ranch is home to several lions and one giraffe. Guests can also choose from an optional behind-the-scenes or feed the animals tour.
- View Chilean flamingos, waterfalls, ringed teal ducks, swans, ducks, koi fish, turtles, and pelicans at The Wildlife Habitat at the Flamingo. Best part? It’s free-to-visit.
- Speaking of free, the Henderson Bird Viewing Preserve is a great way to soak in some nature and catch some views of local wildlife.
Get a Treat
- Ethel M. Chocolates offers free, self-guided tours and has a botanical cactus garden. While you’re there, get one — or two, or three … — of their chocolates!
- The Bellagio Chocolate Fountain is mesmerizing. Come and watch the molten waterfalls, and then grab something sweet before heading out.
- M&M’S® WORLD is four-levels of entertainment for kids. You can even make personalized M&M’S®.
- Cowabunga Bay waterpark is located in Henderson and is home to slides, wave pools, and water attractions to keep little ones entertained and cool.
- Wet ‘n’ Wild is another kid-friendly water park in the area. They’re featuring “dive in movies” this summer, check their event page for dates.
- Or, simply visit the neighborhood splash pad and pools to cool off near home.
- If your child — and you — are okay with heights, enjoy a view from the world’s tallest observation wheel, the High Roller.
- Choose from coasters, laser games, rock climbing, bumper cars, and more at Adventuredome.
Science and Discovery
- The acclaimed .. the Exhibition features preserved human bodies displayed in an educational format.
- Discovery Children’s Museum has interactive exhibits in water, health, science, art, and more.
- If you get out early enough to avoid the heat, visit Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area or Sloan National Conservation Area.
- Escape the summer heat and head to Mount Charleston for the day.
- Practice your swing at Top Golf.
- Enjoy dinner and a live show at the Tournament of Kings.
- View this season’s designs at the Bellagio Conservatory Botanical Garden.
- For little ones, take them to the Downtown Container Park to play on their treehouse with three different slides. They also offer movie nights, check their events.
If you live in an Inspirada home currently suffering from “summertime boredom,” we hope these ideas help. Of course, you can always head to Jolly Beans Café — coffee for you and a caffeine-free blended ice drink for the kids — or visit one of the parks for a fun time right in the neighborhood.