Do you live in Henderson? Considering a move to Henderson?
One of the best parts aboutliving in Hendersonis spending your winter holiday here.
Don’t believe us? Keep reading.
For those who have never been to Las Vegas in the winter, you may picture a perpetually warm desert.
While the summers can be toasty, our winters make up for the summer heat in spades. Our winters have highs in the low 60s and lows in the high 30s. Plus, Henderson offers 300 days of sunshine.
You’ll spend your weekends outdoors hiking in t-shirts or enjoying the sunshine while you dine at your new favorite restaurant’s patio. When the sun sets and the temperatures drop, it’s time to bundle up and gather near your backyard firepit to make s’mores and sip on hot chocolate.
Proximity to Winter Wonderlands
If you grew up experiencing a white Christmas this time of year can feel less than festive. If you want a taste of nostalgia you can drive to Mt. Charleston. Just an hour’s trip in the car will take you to pine-filled vistas, cabins, and skiing.
Eating well has its perks all year, but it’s especially favorable during the holidays. Our city is filled with the tallest chocolate fountain in the world, world-famous — we’re not kidding — cookies, and hotspots serving up unique warm cocktails.
Some of our favorite food-related holiday festivities that you need to do:
- Head to the Bellagio Patisserie to see the tallest chocolate fountain in the world and grab a tasty work of art from the pastry case.
- Eat Giada de Laurentiis’s famous lemon ricotta cookies at Pronto By Giada at Caesars Palace.
- Grab a gingerbread cupcake from the Sprinkles ATM.
- Sip on a warm cocktail at the Velveteen Rabbit.
- Make s’mores and sip on an indulgent hot cocktail at the rooftop skating rink at the Cosmopolitan.
- Travel through cacti garden adorned with lights and try hand-crafted chocolates at Ethel M Chocolate Factory.
Always Something to Do
People don’t typically think of Vegas as a winter holiday hot spot, but there are so many festive things during the season.
In fact, there’s something you can do every day in the month of December this year.
From the City of Henderson’s jam-packed events calendar, our own Inspirada happenings, and Las Vegas’s plethora of entertainment; it’s can be difficult to fit everything in.
Some of our favorite activities include:
- The Las Vegas Great Santa Run where everyone runs a 5k — or 1-mile option — in a full Santa suit.
- The Magical Forest at Opportunity Village, that truly makes you feel like you’ve walked into the North Pole.
- The Tree Lighting Ceremony at the City of Henderson’s WinterFest.
- Reindeer Dash 5k Run and 1-Mile Walk where participants come in a holiday costume or ugly sweater.
- “The Nutcracker” performed by the Nevada Ballet Theatre
All Kinds of Holiday Lights
We do everything big here. This time of year, that means Christmas light displays. You have plenty of options to choose from:
- The House on Robindale: A local home that put on a large display synched with holiday music
- Mystic Falls at Sam’s Town Hotel & Gambling Hall: Not your typical light display; a laser light show with Christmas decorations and a nightly snowfall
- Bellagio Conservatory & Botanical Gardens holiday exhibit: Along with elaborate displays made of flora and fauna, expect thousands of glittering lights
- Inspirada: Our neighborhood is known to get in the holiday spirit
If you’re not satiated with those, head to the Linq Promenade to ride the tallest observation wheel and take a look at Las Vegas’s shimmering splendor. These are just some of the few reasons we love living in Henderson this time of year. Discover more holiday activities in our Las Vegas Advent blog.