Family-Friendly Events In Inspirada and Henderson
The Inspirada community is where neighbors aren't just neighbors, they're your friends. Residents come together for a variety of fun community events, and there is always something for everyone!
- This event has passed.
Munchies 4 The Military
February 9 @ 1:00 pm
Munchies 4 The Military: Community Effort to Send 750 Care Packages to Active Service Men and Women Deployed Abroad
Henderson is a community with heart and its residents are accustom to expressing their appreciation and spreading goodwill. The Douglas J. Green Memorial Foundation, Inspirada, and the City of Henderson are joining efforts to acknowledge and express their gratitude by sending care packages to active service men and women. But, we can’t do it without your help.
Suni Chabrow, the founder of Douglas J. Green Memorial Foundation, created the nonprofit organization in memory of her late son, SPC Douglas J. Green. SPC Green was killed in action on Aug. 28, 2011, during his second tour in Afghanistan. The Foundation works to “provide comfort and support to service members and their family members through sending thoughtful and useful care packages during their deployments and planning memorable experiences for service members to look forward to once they return home.”
Each care package costs about $40 for content and shipping which is considerable with an aggressive goal of 750 care packages, but with the generosity of families and individuals throughout our community donating a few items or dollars the goal becomes achievable.
Something as simple as a care package provides a little touch of home, especially during long days for an active-duty service member. Often these servicemen are in foreign areas that lack reminders or comforts of home. Opening a box to see your favorite chips that you haven’t eaten in months or baby wipes to freshen up in between bouts of exhaustion can drastically improve the morale of our soldiers.
Munchies 4 The Military – How You Can Help
There are multiple ways to help us reach our goal.
Donate items. Donations will be accepted from January 7 through February 7. The boxes will be filled with wish list items like breakfast items, snack foods, jerky, nuts, dried fruit, trail mix, chips, granola bars, gum, candy, cookies, soups, protein bars, and baby wipes. The next time you’re at the grocery store, throw in a few extra items to help make a soldier’s day. Drop-off locations:
- Solista Community Center – 2000 Via Firenze Henderson 89044
- Jolly Beans Cafe – 2016 Via Firenze Henderson 89044
- Solista Sales Center by Century Communities – 3089 Hushed Sonnet Ave Henderson 89044
- Enclaves, Reserves, Terraces & Landings Sales Center by KB Home – 3126 Biancavilla Ave Henderson 89044
- Groves Sales Center by KB Home – 3153 Umbria Hills Walk, Henderson 89044
- Linea Sales Center by Pardee Homes – 2140 Ponticino St, Henderson 89044
- Strada Sales Center by Pardee Homes – 2216 Via Firenze, Henderson 89044
- Marin and Vistamar Sales Center – 3357 Carsebridge Drive, Henderson 89044
- Liberty High School – 2700 Liberty High School Henderson 89052
- Ellis Elementary School – 3200 Artella Ave Henderson 89044
- Del Webb Middle School – 2200 Reunion Ave Henderson 89052
- Pinecrest Academy Inspirada Campus – 2840 Via Contessa Henderson 89044
City of Henderson:
- City of Henderson City Hall – 240 S Water St. Henderson 89015
- City of Henderson City Hall front entrance – 240 S Water St. Henderson 89015
- Fire Station 91 – 2901 Democracy Dr. 89044
- Downtown Senior Center – 27 E Texas Ave Henderson 89015
- Heritage Park Senior Center – 300 Racetrack Rd Henderson 89015
- Heritage Park Aquatics – 310 Racetrack Rd Henderson 89015
- Whitney Ranch Aquatics – 1575 Galleria Dr Henderson 89014
- Black Mountain Rec Center – 599 Greenway Rd, Henderson 89015
- Downtown Rec Center – 105 W Basic Rd, Henderson 89015
- Multigenerational Center – 250 S Green Valley Pkwy, Henderson 89012
- Silver Springs Rec Center – 1951 Silver Springs Pkwy, Henderson 89074
- Valley View Rec Center – 500 Harris St, Henderson 89015
Real Estate Offices:
- Realty One Group – 2831 St. Rose Parkway, Ste 100 Henderson 89052
- Berkshire Hathaway Home Services NV – 3185 St. Rose Pkwy Henderson 89052
Online Monetary Donations. We’ll also need help covering the cost of shipping, $17.00 per care package. Donate today.
Volunteer. On Saturday, February 9, at 1 p.m., volunteers will meet at the lunch room of Liberty High School to assemble the care packages. Wishlist items and a letter from school children, thanking them for their service, will be placed in each box, the boxes are sealed and loaded onto a truck to be brought to the post office for postage and shipping. No registration required for volunteering, just show up. All ages are welcome.
Our Nation’s service men and women are risking their lives every day for our country, our freedom, and freedom abroad. Spending a few extra dollars to purchase some granola bars or to cover shipping is an easy way to say thank you. So, what are we waiting for? Residents of Henderson homes, let’s do this! We’ll have multiple donation drop-off locations in Inspirada: Solista Community Center, Jolly Beans Café, and the Inspirada model home sales centers. Use our community map to easily find the locations!
Questions? Contact Suni from the Douglas J. Green Memorial Foundation at (702) 845-9171.
Check us out in the news: