June 15 is Father’s Day, and June is Great Outdoors Month. Put the two together, and it equals fun, outdoor celebrations with dad. Here are our top 5 ways to recognize the day and the month:
1) Get filled up at the Food Trucks: If dad is hungry, stop by the Henderson Events Plaza in the Water Street District every Thursday from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Entrees and dessert options change weekly.
2) Shop outside at the Farmers’ Markets: Fruits, vegetables, freshly baked goods, homemade sauces and housewares await on Thursdays from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Henderson Events Plaza in the Water Street District.
3) Start dancing: Inspirada residents kicked off summer June 7 with the Boot Scoot to hear the Randy Anderson Band perform live at Inspirada’s Solista Park in Henderson.
4) Go biking: The League of American Bicyclists recently named the City of Henderson a Bicycle Friendly Community at the bronze level. Join dad for a spin on the bike-friendly paths near Inspirada’s community in Henderson, NV.
5) Cheer on Henderson: City residents are invited to take part in a Guinness World Report attempt for the world’s largest swimming lesson from 8-9 a.m. on June 20. Cheer on the swimmers at multiple Henderson pools. Find out more here.