2019 was another exciting year for our Inspirada community. We’re looking back on our year in review, highlighting everything from the grand opening of the Western Villages to the new Concerts in the Park series. Explore our 2019 recap and all the fun community developments on their way in the new year. Trust us, the best is yet to come.
Events at Inspirada
This year, our neighborhood hosted many community events:
- The fresh52 Farmers’ Market continued in Inspirada’s Solista Park for its fourth year and featured special events like the Holiday Village and Dog Days. Visitors enjoyed organic produce, freshly baked goods, gourmet items, artisan wares from over 35 local vendors, and so much more!
- Our new event series, Concerts in the Park, debuted this summer. Residents and community members alike showed up for a night of music under the stars featuring local bands spanning genres from pop to classical music.
- Inspirada celebrated the grand opening of its Western Villages in September with a fun-filled weekend complete with model home tours, family-friendly activities, and food trucks.
- On October 4, residents broke out their lederhosen and dirndls for the third annual OktoBEERfest at Solista Park. Our Biergarten was quite popular and featured signature hops from local craft brewers alongside homemade treats from Inspirada’s neighborhood coffee shop, Jolly Beans. Guests had an amazing time sampling traditional fare during live performances by the Ken Mathis Band and Las Vegas Bavarian Dance Group.
Inspirada was also a hub for outdoor activity and a little friendly competition with 129 sports teams comprised of 1550 athletes enjoying the community’s amazing sports fields. From soccer, baseball, and football to kickball and softball, young kiddos to senior leagues, Inspirada hosted it all! Our community is happy to both host our own recreation leagues and provide venues through the City of Henderson to teams and clubs from all over Nevada and the country!
In 2020: Expect another exciting year packed full of events and activities for the whole family! Mark your calendars for the return of community favorites like the fresh52 Farmers’ Market Dog Days and Concerts in the Park as well as some exciting new additions!
Our community and the City of Henderson received several awards this year:
Inspirada community awards:
- #1 Best Selling Master Planned Community in Henderson (RCLCO) — our third consecutive year
- Silver Nugget Award for the Best Marketing Campaign for a Master Planned community
- Silver Nugget Award for Best Lifestyle Director Megan Conklin
- ULI Nevada 2019 Placemaking Award for Excellence Healthy Place “Inspirada’s Concerts in the Park”
City of Henderson awards:
- Digital Cities Winner (Center for Digital Government)
- Best Place to Live in Every State (U.S. News & World Report)
- Most Pet-Friendly Cities (WalletHub)
- Best Cities for Singles (WalletHub)
- Best Large Cities to Start a Business (WalletHub)
It’s been a big year for our city here in the Vegas Valley! With a booming population—projected to be up approximately 2% from last year—and businesses bringing plenty of new jobs into the area, 2020 is sure to be even more exciting for Henderson! Be on the lookout for:
- Raiders stadium is slated to open just in time for the 2020 season!
- In 2019, Haas Automotive purchased nearly 280 acres in West Henderson for a new manufacturing facility. 2020 is expected to see the start of construction for the 2.3 million-square-foot structure—estimated for completion in 2022—along with 2 million square feet of additional commercial space. Residents of Henderson can expect to see major growth in the area with the introduction of this California-based international manufacturer.
- Amazon’s new 600,000 square-foot fulfillment center is under construction not far from the new Raiders Stadium. The retail giant’s third and newest facility in the state is expected to create around 1,000 jobs in Henderson!
Inspirada Gives Back
Giving back is ingrained in our Inspirada community. See what we accomplished this year and how you can get involved in events to come!
- At the 2019 Munchies 4 Military event, more than 300 volunteers assembled 500 care packages for deployed military men and women. The care packages included items donated by Inspirada residents and the Henderson community.
- Inspirada partnered with Ellis Elementary School, providing donations for its second annual Shoe Drive to help clothe 335 at-risk students at Kit Carson Elementary School.
- The Dog Days fresh52 Farmers’ Market event collected and donated items to the NSPCA and the City of Henderson Animal Care and Control.
In 2020: Our Inspirada community will continue to find ways to help those within and outside of our community! The 2020 Munchies 4 Military event returns January 6 through January 31—mark your calendar for this highly anticipated event.
Inspirada’s 2019 year in review was certainly eventful—we can’t wait to see what 2020 has in store for our residents and the community! Stay up-to-date with our events calendar to hear about all the new developments and events to come in the new year.