Are you looking for a family-friendly activity to do this weekend? While the Community Center may be temporarily closed, Solista Park offers Inspirada residents plenty of opportunities to roam and play while still observing the rules of social distancing. Read on to learn more about this community favorite — along with family-friendly park activities — to help you plan the perfect day the entire family will enjoy.
Explore Solista Park
Centrally located in the Inspirada community, Solista Park is the perfect spot for outdoor enthusiasts to enjoy a wide range of activities. Though our Solista Community Center and community pools are currently closed due to the Coronavirus, you are still welcome to enjoy our grassy fields until further notice.
We can’t talk about Solista Park without mentioning Jolly Beans Café! Located on the corner of Via Seranova and Via Firenze, Jolly Beans serves up freshly-made coffees, teas, smoothies, and so much more. Due to the Coronavirus, their full menu is currently available Wednesday through Sunday for take-out only — you can order online or call (702) 964-4678. Residents of Inspirada can enjoy everything from breakfast plates and paninis to gourmet burgers, wraps, and so much more.
Family-Friendly Park Activities
While the City of Henderson encourages social distancing during this time of uncertainty, it’s important to maintain connectedness with friends and family during this time of uncertainty. Here are a few ways you can enjoy Inspirada’s parks while maintaining a safe social distance:
- Scavenger hunt walks: Have each member of the family make a list of five things to add to a scavenger hunt list. Take a walk and work as a team until all the items are found. Not only does this give the walk a purpose, but it is also more fun for everyone. Try changing the list each time you take a walk for an added challenge.
- Watch the clouds: There is nothing better than to spend some time cloud watching on a sunny day. Lie down on a blanket and start to identify the shapes. The fun doesn’t have to stop there, though. You can even stargaze and try to catch a glimpse of constellations in the night sky.
- Have a picnic: You are never too young or too old to enjoy a picnic! Grab a blanket and your favorite foods to enjoy the nice weather — of course, don’t forget to pick up your trash and to recycle. You can even bring some cards, board games, or a soccer ball to kick around after your meals.
- Set up a field day: Parks offer wide-open spaces that are ideal for staging an obstacle course or other family challenges. Bring a few simple items — like jump ropes, hula-hoops, or soccer balls — and set up your own field day.
- Read a book: Is there a book you’ve been hoping to read but just haven’t had the chance to? Find a shaded tree and curl up with a good book. If you need help making a selection, here are a few ideas to get you started. No matter what’s going on in the world, a good book can provide comfort and a welcome escape.
- Have a yoga session: Yoga not only focuses on strength and flexibility, but it also boosts mental wellbeing. Several mobile apps offer yogis step-by-step instructions, guiding you through every movement. Additionally, meditation can also reduce stress, anxiety, and improve sleep.
The outdoor fun doesn’t stop there, though! Inspirada boasts three additional parks — and another coming soon — with plenty of space to roam and play. Additionally, the community is also a quick 10-minute drive from the Sloan Canyon National Conservation Area, which has a variety of trails to explore.