When the temperatures heat up, it’s reassuring to know that your house was built to be efficient. When your fridge is full of vegetables that were grown by a local farmer, you know you’re eating fresh and reducing the emissions associated with transporting produce. And when you live in a community that emphasizes the importance of green initiatives, you feel part of something substantial.
A large reason Inspirada is one of the best places to live a green lifestyle in the Las Vegas metropolitan area is the emphasis on sustainability. Through all tiers of living — the city, the neighborhood, and your home — Inspirada offers an environmentally-friendly experience.
City of Henderson
Choose a city that is working towards something you believe in. Along with the award-winning schools and one of the lowest property tax rates in the Las Vegas metropolitan area, the City of Henderson works towards maintaining and improving the sustainability of the city.
In 2016, Henderson was named #17 for STAR Communities‘s — an organization that measures cities on transparency, accountability, and sustainability — 4-STAR Designation. The City has retrofitted existing traffic lights with efficient LED light sources, City Hall employees have bins throughout the building to encourage recycling, and their Christmas Tree Recycling Program converts trees into usable mulch for areas around the city.
This sustainable approach continues into the city parks. Native plant materials, drip irrigation, and a conservation watering schedule are used throughout. The City has been transforming grass into desert landscaping to reduce water. Since 2003, the City has promoted many conservation measures for water saving: restrictions on landscape irrigation, limitation on new turf installations, and water budgets for golf courses. And, since 1991, Henderson has been named a Tree City USA.
To get the community involved, the City also hosts events like Earth Day activities and the annual Henderson Shines Cleanup and Recycling Day.
In the neighborhood, residents can take advantage of the all-in-one Republic Services recycling program — no sorting required! Our Community Center has low-flow restroom amenities and our Facilities and Compliance teams use electric vehicles during their daily work in the community.
Inspirada makes shopping for locally-grown and seasonal produce easy for our residents by hosting the Fresh52 Farmers’ Market bi-monthly at Inspirada’s Solista Park.
No need to dig out your keys to grab a latte at your favorite café, visit the dog park, grab a gallon of milk, or play at the park. Our Inspirada neighborhood features Jolly Beans Café, Jolly Mart, and four parks with amenities like swimming pools, sports courts, splash pads, and designated spaces for four-legged residents. When you move here, you’ll bust out your walking shoes more. Learn more about Inspirada’s walkability.
In addition to their awards for design and giving back, our five acclaimed builders offer green options.
An ENERGY STAR® certified home saves up to 30% energy compared to typical new homes and offers improved air quality with fewer allergens and more consistent temperatures — three of our builders are ENERGY STAR® Builder Partners, and two have an astounding 100% ENERGY STAR® compliance rate.
- Beazer Homes is an ENERGY STAR® Builder Partner and meets 100% of ENERGY STAR® standards. In addition, they are rated as one of the “most” efficient on the Home Energy Rating System (HERS), equating to savings on every utility bill.
- Century Communities builds their homes with energy-efficient materials — like windows — to lower your monthly costs and reduce the impact on the environment.
- KB Home builds are energy efficient — from the light fixtures to heating and cooling systems —, conserve water, and have high-quality indoor air. All KB homes include water-saving features that equate to hundreds of dollars saved each year. Their homes meet 100% ENERGY STAR® compliance and they’ve received many awards for their sustainable efforts: the 2016 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence Award for six years in a row, #1 Green Homebuilder in the Calvert Investments Study, and 16 ENERGY STAR® Certified Homes Market Leader Awards in 2015.
- Toll Brothers is an ENERGY STAR® Builder Partner and has a company-wide green philosophy, which adds up to homes that are environmentally-conscious. They offer homes that have efficient gas furnaces and air conditioners, sealed ductwork, and low-E windows.
- With a LIVING SMART® mentality — encompassing energy efficiency, water conservation, health-conscious air filtration, and sustainable build materials — Pardee Homes has many green options for their homes. The builder offers LED lighting, low VC paint, low-E glass windows, drought-tolerant landscaping, and more.
Inspirada, the City of Henderson, and our five builders make our neighborhood one of the best places to live sustainably in the Las Vegas metropolitan area. Come check out the neighborhood to picture your environmentally-conscious life here.