Gratitude and the spreading of goodwill will bring together the residents of Inspirada and Henderson on Saturday, February 9that 1:00 pm. The Douglas J. Green Memorial Foundation(DJGMF), Inspirada, and City of Henderson will come together for the second annual Munchies 4 the Military in Henderson.
In 2018, over 100 volunteers from the Henderson community rallied together to assemble more than 400 care packages. This year, the goal is to mail 750 care packages to deployed military men and women.
The event was created in memory of DJGMF Founder Suni Chabrow’s son, SPC Douglas J. Green, who was killed in action during his second tour in Afghanistan on Aug. 28, 2011.
When we spoke to Suni last year, she lovingly recalled how her son enjoyed receiving care packages from home. Now, Chabrow hopes to spread that same happiness to active Las Vegas Valley troops in his honor.
Food and personal care items not only lift their spirits but also make daily life a little bit easier as they protect our country. While our troops serve in foreign lands, you can help make their tough days better by donating your resources in three different ways:
- Wish List Items
Donation of wish list items for the 750 care packages will be accepted from now through Thursday, February 7th.
Wish List items include:
- breakfast items
- snack foods
- dried fruit
- trail mix
- granola bars
- protein bars
- baby wipes
Donation Drop Off Locations
Donations can be dropped off at more than 25 locations throughout Inspirada and Henderson, including Inspirada’s Jolly Beans Café, Solista Community Center or any one of Inspirada’s model sales centers by Century Communities, KB Home, Pardee Homes or Toll Brothers. Or, visit one of the locations throughout Henderson:
- Solista Community Center – 2000 Via Firenze, Henderson 89044
- Jolly Beans Cafe – 2016 Via Firenze, Henderson 89044
- Solista Sales Center by Century Communities – 3089 Hushed Sonnet Ave., Henderson 89044
- Enclaves, Reserves, Terraces & Landings Sales Center by KB Home – 3126 Biancavilla Ave., Henderson 89044
- Groves Sales Center by KB Home – 3153 Umbria Hills Walk, Henderson 89044
- Linea Sales Center by Pardee Homes – 2140 Ponticino St., Henderson 89044
- Strada Sales Center by Pardee Homes – 2216 Via Firenze, Henderson 89044
- Marin and Vistamar Sales Center – 3357 Carsebridge Drive, Henderson 89044
- Liberty High School – 2700 Liberty High School, Henderson 89052
- Ellis Elementary School – 3200 Artella Ave., Henderson 89044
- Del Webb Middle School – 2200 Reunion Ave., Henderson 89052
- Pinecrest Academy Inspirada Campus – 2840 Via Contessa, Henderson 89044
City of Henderson
- City of Henderson City Hall – 240 S Water St., Henderson 89015
- City of Henderson City Hall front entrance – 240 S Water St., Henderson 89015
- Fire Station 91 – 2901 Democracy Dr., Henderson 89044
- Downtown Senior Center – 27 E Texas Ave., Henderson 89015
- Heritage Park Senior Center – 300 Racetrack Rd., Henderson 89015
- Heritage Park Aquatics – 310 Racetrack Rd., Henderson 89015
- Whitney Ranch Aquatics – 1575 Galleria Dr., Henderson 89014
- Black Mountain Rec Center – 599 Greenway Rd., Henderson 89015
- Downtown Rec Center – 105 W Basic Rd., Henderson 89015
- Multigenerational Center – 250 S Green Valley Pkwy., Henderson 89012
- Silver Springs Rec Center – 1951 Silver Springs Pkwy., Henderson 89074
- Valley View Rec Center – 500 Harris St., Henderson 89015
Real Estate Offices
- Realty One Group – 2831 St. Rose Parkway, Ste. 100, Henderson 89052
- Berkshire Hathaway Home Services NV – 3185 St. Rose Pkwy., Henderson 89052
- Online Monetary Donations
We’ll also need help covering the coVolunteest of shipping, $17.00 per care package. Sponsor a box and donate today at http://www.douglasjgreenmemorialfoundation.org/donations
Volunteer on Saturday, February 9 at 1:00 pm at Liberty High School to assemble the care packages. All ages are welcome as well.
Where: Liberty High School’s lunchroom
When: Saturday, February 9 at 1 p.m.
What: Help assemble 750 care packages with list items and a thank-you note written by a school student. Packages will then be loaded on a truck to be delivered to the post office.
All 750 care packages will be sent to a deployed member from Southern Nevada. Many families in the Henderson community have contacted the Foundation requesting a care package be sent to a loved one serving overseas.
Questions? Contact Suni from the Douglas J. Green Memorial Foundation at (702) 845-9171.
Let’s do this Henderson! Save the date on your calendar and see you February 9!