There is really nothing better than Costco, is there? The retailer is best known for its free samples and bulk items — but what are the best items to buy at Costco? From bulk-sized kettle corn to discounted beauty products, America’s favorite membership-only warehouse store has something for everyone. Explore our guide to help you find some of the hidden gems that the store has to offer.
Costco’s Hidden Gems
During your next shopping haul at Costco, you’ll want to keep an eye out for these hidden gems as you browse the store:
- Kirkland Signature Cheese Flight: If you are looking for the perfect party appetizer, a cheese flight is a great place to start. This one offers five selections of cheese, including provolone, cheddar, and chevre. The package even comes with beer and wine pairing suggestions, so you’ll never have to guess which beverage pairs best with each cheese.
- My/Mo Mochi Ice Cream, Variety Pack: You can now find one of Japan’s favorite foods in the freezer section. Mochi is a soft, pounded sticky rice dumpling formed around an ice cream filling. Traditional ice cream flavors include chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry. This variety pack includes traditional ice cream flavors like vanilla and strawberry, as well as a unique flavor, sweet mango.
- Angie’s Boom Chicka Pop Kettle Corn: This sweet-meets-salty popcorn is one of the most delicious snacks you can buy at Costco. It’s the perfect mix between sweet and salty without being overpowering, so those who say they don’t usually like kettle corn will enjoy this popcorn.
- boscia Tsubaki Beauty Oil: If you see a beauty brand or product you like at Costco, get it! This boscia beauty oil hydrates and nourishes skin while reducing fine lines and wrinkles. Want to know the best part? This product is about $10 cheaper at Costco than it is at Sephora or Ulta Beauty.
- Le Creuset 6.5 Quart Dutch Oven: Nothing is more iconic than the Le Creuset round Dutch oven for home cooks and professional chefs. This Costco-exclusive size is perfect for braising, slow-cooking, and roasting. The enameled Dutch oven requires no seasoning and is suitable for stovetop, oven, or grill use.
- Mexican Key Lime Tree – Semi Dwarf: If you are looking to add some greenery to your Inspirada home, Costco has plenty of options to choose from. The Mexican Key Lime Tree, for example, produces fruit in late summer through early winter and attracts butterflies and hummingbirds. You’ll also find other plants such as lemon, navel orange, and mandarin trees.
- Ode Thompson Everything Seasoning for Bagels & More: This versatile spice blend can be served numerous ways — sprinkle it on eggs, avocado toast, chicken, and more. Inspired by the classic everything bagel, the seasoning includes ingredients like garlic, onion, poppy seed, and sesame seed.
These aren’t the only hidden gems, though. Costco’s pharmacy has some of the best savings in town. You don’t even need to have a membership to fill a prescription. Want to know another Costco secret? Items are frequently re-arranged so that shoppers wander around the store so that they can view products they wouldn’t otherwise see.
While the best items to buy at Costco may vary from person to person, there are several hidden gems worth trying the next time you stop by the warehouse retailer. Are you on the hunt for a new home that’s close to nearby shopping and entertainment? Explore move-in ready options at Inspirada to help you find the perfect spot to call home today!