2018 was a big year at our Inspirada community. But, there’s more to come.
We’re looking back at this past year’s events, accomplishments, and developments and looking forward to next year’s.
Neighborhood Developments and News
- The Inspirada cell tower is making progress. The next step is NV Energy will finalize power to the cell tower site.
- We received a visit from an unlikely visitor, a ring-tailed cat. The Inspirada community voted to name the cat Ringo.
- On Aug. 13, The Henderson Police West Resource Centeropened in Inspirada. The center provides a location for officers to complete administrative work, take a lunch break, and work on report writing.
- Robert and Sandy Ellis Elementary Schoolopened in Inspirada on Aug. 13. This is the first Clark County School District (CCSD) school in the neighborhood.
- The Solista Community Center received an update, complete with new flooring, furniture replacement, and a fresh coat of paint. The “read & relax” room was converted into office space to accommodate the management site team’s recent growth.
- In September, the Las Vegas Blvd. connection to Via. Inspiradawas completed.
- Pinecrest Academy Inspirada Campus received Governor Sandoval’s “Nevada STEM School” designation. The organization is currently working on “campus phase II” — a middle school that will be opened in August 2019.
- The first homeowners have moved into the Inspirada’s Western Villages Development.
In 2019: Stay tuned for the Neon Ride eventto celebrate the completion of the connection of Las Vegas Blvd. to Via. Inspirada. Plus, a new park named Atessa will open in the Western Villages development this year.
Events at Inspirada
This year, our neighborhood played host to a magnitude of events.
- The Fresh 52 Farmers’ Market continued in Solista Park and included special events like the Holiday Village andDog Day.
- The brand-new event series, Opera in the Park debuted this summer. More than 700 attendees came to the two Sin City Opera performances that also featured a complimentary wine tasting, beer garden, and food trucks.
- The beloved Food Truck Friday events brought a variety of local food to Inspirada. The Inspirada Home Owners Association hosted 9 of these events in 2018.
- Some of the seasonal events residents enjoyed included theSt. Patrick’s Day Park Crawl, the Inspirada Fall Festival, OktoBEERfest, and the Spring Festival & Egg Hunt.
Additionally, the Inspirada HOA put on the following events in 2018:
- Family Dance
- New Resident Socials
- Community Garage Sale
- Pumpkin Succulent Craft Event
- Inspirada Night at the Lights
- Golden Years Game Day
- Resident Craft Fairs
- Back-To-School Free Movie Night
- Storyteller Shenanigans
- Kid’s Clothing Swaps
- Winter Trivia Night
In 2019: Expect another packed events calendar along with the return of two favorites: Food Truck Fridays and the Fresh 52 Farmers’ Market. In addition, a new summer event series will be introduced in the upcoming months.
Our community and the City of Henderson have received many awards this year.
Inspirada community awards:
- #8 Best Selling Master Planned Community (RCLCO) — our third consecutive year to be ranked in the top 10
- Silver Nugget Award for the Best Marketing Campaign for a Master Planned community
- Pinnacle Award: Munchies 4 the Military
- Pinnacle Award of Excellence: Opera in the Park
City of Henderson awards:
- A Digital Cities Award Winner
- #2 Safest City in Nevada (Safewise)
- Best Places to Live (MONEY)
- Better Sports for Kids Quality Program Provider designation (National Alliance for Youth Sports)
- #3 out of 100 cities with a total of 15 dog parks in Dog Park Rankings (The Trust for Public Land)
Inspirada Giving Back
Giving back is ingrained in our Inspirada community. See what we accomplished this year:
- At the 2018 Munchies for Military event, more than 100 volunteers assembled 400 care packages for deployed military men and women. These care packages were comprised of items donated by Inspirada residents and the Henderson community.
- The HOA partnered with Team Emery in their annual Bear Drive, the neighborhood hosted multiple blood drives, and Inspirada partnered with Ellis Elementary School to raise funds for new shoes for Kit Carson Elementary School’s at-risk students.
- The Dog Days Fresh 52 Farmers’ Market event collected donated items for the Animal Foundation and City of Henderson Animal Care and Control and KB Homes hosted the KB Cares Fall Festival & Adoption event.
In 2019: Next year, expect our Inspirada community to continue to find ways to connect and help others. The 2019 Munchies for the Military event returns Feb. 9— go ahead and mark your calendar.
Our home builders were also busy this year:
- Toll Brothers introduced two new collections— Vistamar and Marin. They also opened a new sales office.
- Pardee added the Linea collection to the Inspirada community.
- KB Homes put on the KB Care Fall Festival & Adoption event.
- Beazer sold their last home in Inspirada. They sold 115 homes in 2018 and a total of 238 homes in the neighborhood.
In 2019: Currently, the Toll Brother’s models in the Villages are under construction and should be done in early 2019. KB Homes is near completion on their near-future home design concept, the KB Home Projekt.
Whew. Our Inspirada community, the City of Henderson, and our builders were busy in 2018! With our always-robust events calendar and new developments to come, 2019 will be just as special.